14.09.2012 - Competition “Protect the Ozone Layer”
On September 16, 2012, Moscow and Saint-Petersburg will celebrate the International Day for the Preservation of the Ozone Layer and the 25th anniversary of the Montreal Protocol on substances that deplete the ozone layer. This environmental event is widely celebrated all over the world: members of government, scientists and experts make speeches; tele and radio channels broadcast programs dedicated to the protection of the ozone layer; newspapers and magazines print articles; topical web-sites get launched; students and pupils attend numerous workshops. For additional information, please, go to https://www.ozoneprogram.ru/biblioteka/publikacii/prazdnovanie_dnja_ozona/. By tradition, the official address of the UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon dedicated to the International Day for Preservation of the Ozone Layer is expected to be sent to UN member countries.
The celebration of this event in our country was initiated in 2011 by the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) as part of the Project for ODS phase out in the Russian Federation implemented at the expense of the Global Environment Facility (GEF) with support of the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation.
- Address of the UN Secretary-General
- Address of the Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment of the Russian Federation (download)
- Competition press-release (download)
- Competition regulations (download)
- Competition quiz questions (download)
- Catalogue of the participating works:
- Competition agenda (download)
- Competition video materials
- Prize winners
- A film about competition “Protect the Ozone Layer”