Establishment of the training center
As the physical infrastructure and curricula of the Murmansk oblast educational institutions for refrigeration specialists are obsolete and do not conform to the current status of the industry, a training center needs to be established through the Project.
The activities will be financed by the Arctic Council Project Support Instrument and co-financed by a beneficiary.
The training center will be established on the basis of the Murmansk State Technical University (MSTU), a federal state educational organization.
The planned component activities are:
- creating the physical infrastructure of the training center;
- supplying equipment, tools, and consumables necessary for the operation of the training center for one year;
- supplying teaching and learning aids, manuals, software, presentations;
- creating an eLearning website with 4 online courses;
- training (ensuring professional development) the instructors of the training center.
Outcomes of the Project
In fact, the training center will become a center of technology transfer and personnel development of the whole Russian Arctic zone.
The key tasks of the center are:
- dissemination of experience in the use of low GWP ozone-safe substances and technologies in the fishing industry of the Murmansk oblast;
- training in safe and environmentally friendly approaches to work with natural refrigerants, ODSs and F-gases, and legal framework of their use and record keeping;
- professional development of the personnel of catching, processing, and tendering vessels, onshore processing enterprises, employees and specialists of local environmental and controlling agencies, members of industry-specific secondary and higher educational institutions;
- transfer of the curricula to other educational institutions of the Murmansk oblast that train refrigeration specialists for the fishing industry.
The training center is expected to contribute to:
- reduction of leakages of ODSs and F-gases during installation and maintenance of refrigeration equipment;
- improvement of energy efficiency of refrigeration systems;
- wider awareness of representatives of the fishing industry and servicing sector of existing alternative technologies and substances;
- higher efficiency of the control over the use of ODSs and F-gases in the region, by environmental and law-enforcement authorities of the Murmansk oblast.